Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, a breeder on this website, with the website of beachbumhedgehogs.com, (where i got Jade from btw) has a baby available with the color saying:
SILVER CHARCOAL WHITE!
Ya... go there and ask for a pic or somethin bryan. I mean there is one displayed so u can verify, but u may want another one... plus i kno that permission is needed.

go to the website i said and click babies available... u should see it after looking at all the colours it says the babies are. there is no silver charcoal white on the color guide. Unless the breeder was mistaken, there will be soon probably!
tell me if it is one and when it is posted.
glad to help.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
There is nothing on that page about a silver charcoal white. Besides, babies' color can't be determined until 9 weeks.

A hedgie described as "silver charcoal white" wouldn't be a new mutation, though. It's all the same genes we've ever had, just one hedgie happens to have several "markings".

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I just seen what you are talking about, very beautiful. I think its amazing that the hedgie is that light but still has such dark features :) Thank you for sharing this with us :)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
If you are using IE you can "Find" (ctrl-f) any word on the page. Both silver and charcoal aren't on the page.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
lol I think I was recalling the pics of Keikos babies on that page but you're right its under our herd. Thank you for finding the direct link :)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Ah, okay.

Well, Silver Charcoal is a fancy name for Algerian Dark Grey or Black Snowflake, to my understanding. Silver charcoal white would be an Algerian Dark Grey Snowflake White.

You wouldn't have the "snowflake" in there anymore, it would just be Algerian Dark Grey White (or double white if there are less than 10 banded quills).

Keiko definitely is not Algerian Dark Grey or Black to begin with. Very cute, though. ;)

·
Administrator
8,486 Posts
to me it seems they aren't using the standard colour guide for their hedgies, i don't believe there is a "silver cinnamon" in the standard colours, which is what they are calling one of their breeding males.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Silver Charcoal White is a IHA color. Another term would be Algerian Dark Gray White. Silver cinnamon is not an IHA color.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
How would people be able to tell if a hedgie is snowflake and white when the white would completely cover any of the banded quills present in snowflake?

Or is silver charcoal not grey/black snowflake?

·
Registered
754 Posts
You would look at the skin, nose and face to tell the color. Whites may have up to 10 banded quills. More than 10, they are a snowflake. No banded quills, they are a double white.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Exactly, so you can't have snowflake *and* white on the same hedgie. That would just be Algerian Dark Grey White, for example.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The "Silver Charcoal White" is the mother of my baby.
(Yes, I did find out which one I am getting for Christmas.)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
u got it... but great listening guys :p
i said from the start its at babies available... dont know why i didnt just put a link... anyone kno wat a "reverse pinto" is not? there is one under the "our herd" page...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh nevermind i kno wat it is now

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts