Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had Scarlet for a little over a week and she has just picked up a scary new habit. She use to get active around 3am every morning and throw her water dish. Then she would do something to wake me up (usually throw her toy or knock over her wheel) and I would give her water and she would let me sleep. Tonight however she woke me an hour late climbing to the top of her cage and falling. She did it 2 or 3 times before I caught her. I'm not sure what to do about it but I need her to stop climbing so I can sleep. I took her out to get her some exercise and when I tried to put her back the same thing happened, I'm worried she will hurt herself or get her neck caught in the bars. Anyone know how I can get her to stop?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
You have to prevent her from getting to the bars. As a quick fix you can attach fleece or cardboard to the sides of the cage (on the inside) until you can more permanent solution. You can buy clear plastic vinyl from a frantic store, plexiglass or coroplast from home depot and attach those to sides of the cage. You can use zip ties, close pins or binder clips.

In the future or if you need somewhere to put her for the night when something goes wrong you can use a pet carrier. Just tape down her food and water bowl and give her a few toys. This will prevent injury until you can get to a store. It'll be cramped for a night but she will be safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts