Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!! MERRY CHRISTMAS! I get my hedgie tomorrow and I just went out today and bought the rest of the things that I'm going to need for my hedgie(I think) I just wanted everyone to take a look at my cage and tell me if there's anything I should change or get before I go to get my new baby.

PS. I am getting a wheel from Larry T either today or tomorrow. My
New hedgie baby is going to be small at first and I'm hoping he won't get too chunky with the all natural meal plan I have for him so I was going to get the bucket wheel, but I went on the website and saw LarryT added the CSE. Does anyone have any expierence with this? Which should I get??

Last but not least, any tips for me on the drive
home? It's going to be about 3 hours.. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Since it's hard to estimate how big your hedgie is going to get and they do grow pretty fast, I'd go with the bucket wheel. It has a similar diameter to the CSE, but a wider running surface.

For the drive home, don't offer food or water (won't need it with a drive like that, it's not too long and he/she will likely sleep anyway), make sure there's plenty of fleece to snuggle in, and make sure the car is warmed up. I'd put a blanket over the carrier for going to/from the car & house. A handwarmer or two wrapped up & stuck in the carrier will help make sure they stay warm too. If you really want to be careful, you can bring along a thermometer with a probe in it to stick in the carrier & have the read out by you (or a passenger) to make sure the temp stays at a safe level.

Also, I went ahead & deleted the posts you made on the Cage Set Ups posts - those are generally to ask specific questions about cages or share just a picture of your set up. And you only need to ask a question once, not in several posts. :) So this thread will be just fine to get answers to your questions on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts