Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

This weekend my brother is making Sniffles a whole new cage. (YAY!) Sniffles will be moving from 2 plastic containers to a nice big cage.

Since he has never made a Hedgehog cage before... he needs a little help on certain things.

1) What can we use to protect the wood? I know not everything is safe for animals.

2) Can I get some nice cage examples?...if anyone has a pic of a cage they have made with wood.. I would LOVE to see it to show him and to get ideas from.

3) If you live in Canada and know where I can get the metal cage part to attach to the wood... can you tell me please? (I hope that makes sense...)

Thank you to everyone in advance for your help. :D

[attachment=0:6zzp1y9u]9026_300778410301_886140301_9157993_2696414_n.jpg[/attachment:6zzp1y9u]

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.

all those cages are about the same style... so if anyone has anything different to show me.. please do! :)

As well...the original poster of that thread asked about linolium tiles...would those be ok?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I've seen sticky back linoleum tiles used in a rabbit cage before. I would think then that they would be ok for hedgehogs. If anyone knows different hopefully they will let us know.

In case you are curious here is the youtube video that suggested the tiles for a rabbit cage. Obviously for a hedgehog you wouldn't have levels like that. But I think it is a cool way to build a cage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bLUDLbZ ... re=related

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
The problem with tiles of any type is they are cold and always feel cold. Painting or varathaning the wood and then cut a piece of corplast to cover it is a better option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts