Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made an AMAZING cage!!! It is made out of PVC plastic and took a lot of work! After working all night here it is!

Pics are at the end of the video! :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :lol: :lol: :p

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Congratz for getting Bristle to run on her wheel for the camera! LOL

Do you think you could post the pictures here? I am so confused as to how it's made... I think youtube made them a lot more difficult to see. :roll:

Liner?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some pictures of it:
Full cage
Ramp/food/wheel
Shelf
Rooms
Ramp and wheel

Heres how I made it:
~Ordered the PVC plastic
~Asked them to specially cut out each piece
~Got pieces
~Glued them together using PVC cement
~Made ramp and screwed wheel to bottom of cage
~and... Ta-da! A super duper hedgehog cage!

I made a shelf built into the cage, so it would take up less room. Under the shelf is two rooms that she sleeps/eats in. (Picture 4)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uhh the pictures didn't turn out right... They are chopped in half.. :( On the video, the last 10 seconds are those pictures so you can see them there :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, my dad is a graphic designer that works with PVC plastic so he got it for free. The glue cost $3. So it cost $3!!! :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Neat Idea but I have a question for you. How tall is that ramp that she fell off of. I personally dont see that as being safe. Also. Are you putting any bedding or liners in there? I may be wrong about pvc but doesnt it get cold? She may need something to keep her separate from the pvc so she isnt forced to be on the floor. Liners and bedding may also help insulate the cage a bit and keep warmth in.

Just a thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts