Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got him a new cage and here is a pic of it but it has ladders on it so he can get from bottom to top i was wondering if this is okay for him??[attachment=0:2vyf55gm]47600a2acf51074537e79f.jpg[/attachment:2vyf55gm]

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
i was wondering if this is okay for him??
Ehh, no, I'm afraid not. You'd have to enclose every level and every ramp so he couldn't fall (just inches can be fatal). The shelves are small and wouldn't offer much space. Some hedgehogs refuse to use ramps of any kind. I'm not sure what the dimensions are but even with a loft it looks too small. :?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use a ferret cage similar to this for Coraline, except from the picture, mine seems to be a bit bigger, I cut it in half and used the top half and took out the upper levels, it seems to suit Coraline perfectly. :\

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
That cage is not at all suitable for a hedgehog. Hedgehogs need horizontal space, not vertical. In order to make that cage hedgehog safe, you would not have any access to the upper levels.
I suggest returning it and buying something with one level.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we ended up putting him in the cage to see how he liked it and he seems to be doing fine he runs around and up and down the ladders. i did lower the levels so he wouldn't have so far to go when he does want to go up. he did have a one level cage and dint seem to like it to much and was not as active as he is now

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Please be very careful. We've recently had someone lose their hedgie from a fall that was a mere few inches, if even.

So it would be wisest to add walls to all the levels and ramp before allowing your baby to run up and down them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.