Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Mia, and I need to rehome my adopted hedgie.
Her name is Spook, and I adopted her back in June from a family who couldn't take care of her properly; they didn't even know she was a girl!
Unfortunately, it's becoming too cold for me to keep her, as we don't have heating in our house. I should have taken the cold into consideration, but I thought that having a space heater would help; she's still getting really cold, and I'm concerned. I love her bunches, but I'm most concerned about her health.
I'm not sure how old she is, but she isn't quilling. She doesn't ball up much when you take her out of the cage and is very curious about everything. She does have one spot on her neck that she scratches open now and again, probably due to stress.
She is nippy, especially with fingers in her face and when she doesn't want to be up. She is usually very active at night, running on her wheel and constantly drinking water. Otherwise, she is sweet and friendly.
Spook comes with all of her things, like her cage, water bottle, food bowl, wheel, house, blanket, litter pan, bell toys, cleaning supplies, bath supplies, and even some food and paper bedding. I also have a small playpen and potty pads so she can run around and play for a while outside of the cage.
I just ask for someone that has experience with hedgies (especially spooked ones like her), and that they can provide her with a warm and caring home.
I'm just asking for $150 for a rehoming fee. I'm very worried about her health and safety.

Thank you!

Mia

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
As it sounds like this is an emergency situation, if you can't find anyone able to pay for Spook & all of her things, keep the Hedgehog Welfare Society in mind. They have rescue stations all over the country & may have someone near you who could take her in. It sounds like rehoming her quickly would be best, so she doesn't risk repeated hibernation attempts or getting sick from the cool temperatures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts