Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ! Anyone Know Anything about Hedgehog Permints!?!?!? :?

Because I'm Gonna be going somewhere soon and Want to be sure my Little Hedgeie Kairi Will Be Safe Because I Love Her and Only Want the Best For Her AndIDon't Want to Get Her Taken Away From ME :(
Can Anyone Please Give Me Any info You Have on This!!! Please and Thanks

God Bless Everyone :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I have no idea what you are asking. Do you mean licenses? You don't need a license to just own a hedgie in NC. But you mention you are going somewhere... are you looking for someone to babysit? I am confused. :?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LizardGirl said:
I have no idea what you are asking. Do you mean licenses? You don't need a license to just own a hedgie in NC. But you mention you are going somewhere... are you looking for someone to babysit? I am confused. :?
Oh! I Now That I Don't Need a license For Her in NC it's Because I'm Going Somewhere in Maryland and I Just Want To Be Safe Just in Case We Go Through Pennsylvania SO I Don't Get in Trouble There because They're Really Strict Down There!!!

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Oh, I see. I don't think there's anything you can do to get them to not confiscate her if she is caught in Penn. Someone else might have more info on that, though. I know a few people have successfully gotten through there, by not getting caught.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LizardGirl said:
Oh, I see. I don't think there's anything you can do to get them to not confiscate her if she is caught in Penn. Someone else might have more info on that, though. I know a few people have successfully gotten through there, by not getting caught.
Okay Thanks For Your Help!!! :)

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
The safest thing you can do is to actually call the people who regulate the boarders, ask them the procedure of passing through, if you need anything to show them. Take down their name and employee number so that if someone else asks once you're actually there, you can tell them who gave you the info.

It's better to tell them straight out when it comes to animals, just so you can pass through quickly, without having a long discussion if they find the hedgie and you hadn't said anything. It's based on chance whether they do check or not, so it's just better to be prepared.

·
Registered
372 Posts
There is no border patrol between PA and MD. And no reason to go into PA if you're travelling from NC to MD. PA is further north than MD.

The issue only arises if you travel in PA and break down or come to the attention of LEOs and they call Fish and Game. The only prevention is to not travel through PA.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Everyone for your Help:D
But I Didn't end up going
all well :roll:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Some members of HWS checked into this for travel to the Easter States Hedgehog Show. What they were told by the SPCAs in problem states is that as long as the hedgehog has a health certificate from a vet, and stays in the car/carrier while traveling through the state, there would be no hassle. Same for both Pennsylvania and Georgia.

Sorry I didn't see the post sooner, but I figured I'd go ahead and relay that info now in case anyone else has the same question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts