Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hedgehog look like it had a seizure last night. I only say this because of the twitching and unresponsive plus she foamed a bit from mouth. She seemed to be gasping for air but was still breathing just really weirdly. Her limbs were twitching but wasn't able to walk, open her mouth, or get up. She calmed down but is just now laying down flat on the ground. She doesn't seem to be blinking anymore, but she's breathing. She can't get up anymore but her back legs keep stretching out. Her head twists back at random times as her back goes up right now. Anyone know what's going on? Sorry I'm panicking.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Please get your hedgehog into a vet's office as soon as possible! It sounds like something serious is going on, and you'll need a professional's help. Twitching, foaming at the mouth, and being unresponsive are serious symptoms and should not be taken lightly.

Is your hedgehog's belly cold? If so, while you're on the way to the vet, please put it against your skin on your stomach or chest and put a t-shirt or blanket over it to slowly warm the hedgehog up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts