Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: After doing some digging on various threads here, I've settled on a Fluker's Repta-Clamp lamp. To anyone else looking for a heat lamp, this is their shop on Amazon (though in .ca, not .com)

The heat lamp I have can't keep up with how cold the nights here get and has been slowly burning out. Slow enough I didn't notice until realizing the thermostat had been on for a while. I've been thinking about replacing the lamp anyway (the dish part of it is constantly loose and unable to be screwed back in...that scares me) I'm pretty sure I need new heat bulbs as well, so most lamps are game.
Specifications:
The lamp has to be able to either be reliably and securely hung or clamped. Her cage is set up in a way that setting it flat down just isn't an option.
The lamp must have a ceramic/porcelain base because I use CHE bulbs and am pretty certain that's the safest bet.
That's it.
I have been searching for 2 hours now. WHY is it so hard to find one?? Help, please!!
Note: Pebbles is still in 'safe ranges' for temperature and is more tolerant of lower temperatures (though still not good for her) but I'd much rather replace sooner than later.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I've found two lamps, only to realize that one will take ages to arrive. Still figured I'd put links in to show sort of what I need.
This is the one that'll take forever to get here, which sucks, since it looked pretty good in ratings and for my intended purposes.
This is the other one that I'm looking at but on the fence about. It doesn't have nearly as many reviews, but they do all seem to be pretty good. Thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts