Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to make my hedgehog a bigger cage. I would like to use the C&C Grids and chloroplast. However i can't find a cheap place to buy the grids. I noticed they have websites that sell the full amount of supplies but they are too expensive.

Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
67 Posts
C&C cage help

Hi, I actually just made my hedgie a c&c cage the 2x4 with a stand for under $60 I got 2 packs of the 6 cubes for 21 at Kmart there on sale online for 19 and I got my Coroplast for 14 at Home Depot and zip ties at Walmart 87 cents.I still have a bunch of grids left over,i can make a lid an still have some left I hope I was some help.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a really good deal. You got 2 packs of 6 cubes for only $21?? I looked on the website and i can't find it. I'll have to check out at Kmart near me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well their $21 each set I'm sorry I ment to put that, but it's the cheapest I've found any where for the 6 pack.i looked every where walmart bed bath and beyond target and they were like $30 and up for the 4 pack but one pack of the 6 should be more then enough without the stand or 2x3 with a stand.and you're gonna wanna use the zip ties as you build it trust me I found out the hard way, the grids like to pop out of the connectors while you're putting it together.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darn! I am buying him a new wheel too so i was hoping to find something cheap. That's probably the cheapest thing i am going to find. Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The first 8 foot square cage is what I currently have for my sonic! It has been a good cage. However it has started to fall apart. The canvas does not wash well and mine has holes ripped on the bottom. Then a few velcro straps ripped off. You also would want to wire the doors shut. I find they fall open if bumped:3 if you have a good washer and dryer, you should be good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you! However i am really looking for the C&C grids. I have heard wonderful things about the cages people can make and i can always expand or shorten the cage with the C&C grids. I just can't seem to find them at a reasonable price for my wallet right now.

·
Registered
528 Posts
About $30 for a 6 cube pack from amazon or walmart online, you'll need two sets. About $15 for a big enough piece of coroplast, you can get by with one, I used two to make a nice lid and high walls. Plus zip ties to make sure the whole things secure, get the 100 pack, it's about $5.

At the end of the day, that is the cheap option when it comes to a decent sized cage. $100 and you get a 2x3 hedgie mansion with storage, or another shape on the floor. If you can't spend $100 for a good cage, do you have enough money put aside for a vet or food good food? Hedgies aren't cheap, and $100 is realistically one of the cheaper setups you can get.

·
Registered
342 Posts
your best bet is ordering from bed bath and beyond. they sell cubes for 19$ a pack. i reccomend buying them in the store to save on shipping, but you can order them online as well. additionally, if your looking for coroplast and cant find any in store. you can order some from amazon. they come in5 a pack of smaller sheets, but they can easily be taped together with duct tape. you can order the coroplast, 100 zip ties, and a roll of black duct tape for about 32$

brings your total to about 52$ to build the C&C cage from top to bottom not including something to score and cut the plastic with.

coroplast:
(white)

cubes:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...nd-storage-cubes/1016719773?Keyword=wire+cube

hope this helps!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts