Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soooo i got my new hedgehog Rose after i went with a friend to get hers. Just so happens mine is her hedgehogs sister (10 weeks old) ! so pretty cool but my house is at 76 degrees F and i live in Miami everything is all set up she was kinda up and about when i got her around 3 pm then on the car ride she was a bit freaked and stayed in a ball. I held her during the ride and held my finger in front of her so she would get used to me which worked cuz she got curious and looked around and sniffed me. Now that im home shes been asleep in her cage buried under my shirt(got home around 5pm) . Shes still asleep and has been asleep since about tht time so i decided because i read somewhere it was ok to let her sleep in a blanket on my lap while i just chill or watch tv (volume is low). Is she behaving normal? just tired? when would she wake up?

·
Registered
685 Posts
They are nocturnal so she will probably wake up late at night. Mine wakes up at around 10pm.

Don't wake her up. Just let her sleep. You can take her out later tonight to bond if you want. But most people leave their hedgie alone for one night to let them settle in.

Babies sleep a lot so don't be surprised of she seems like she always want to sleep.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congratulations! Yes she seems to be acting normally from what you've said. Young hedgies sleep a lot--and I mean a lot. Sleeping on you still counts as bonding time, she's still getting used to your smell. It take a a while tho, so be patient and keep up the good work! And wow-brave you to put your finger in front of her face! I wouldn't have much of a finger left if I tried that with our Pippin!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts