Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
okay, I'm getting a hedgehog on saturday, but have no name.
can somebody help me pick a name?

list boy name only since he is a boy

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
In the future, please try to stick the same topics on one post. You previously made a post about hedgehog names, so if you want to get more ideas, just post on that one. It'll bring it up in the list again. You don't need two posts up about the same thing.

That said, I personally like mythological names. Some ideas for boys are Zeus, Apollo, Hermes, Loki, Thor, etc. Or you can wait and see what his personality is like, maybe that'll make something jump out for you.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
This sat huh? Did you get the heating problem sorted out? You never updated us on the other thread on whether you can get the temp above 69F.

Anyways, I'd say wait and see what his personality is like first. My boy was nameless for the first couple of days until I thought of a name for him. Most of my animals start off nameless for the first few days...Other than my cat, since I was there when he was born :lol:

Do you have any favourites from the last time you asked this question? Perhaps a list of what names you liked, and what names you didn't would help others make new suggestions. ^_^

·
Registered
268 Posts
Lilysmommy said:
In the future, please try to stick the same topics on one post. You previously made a post about hedgehog names, so if you want to get more ideas, just post on that one. It'll bring it up in the list again. You don't need two posts up about the same thing.

That said, I personally like mythological names. Some ideas for boys are Zeus, Apollo, Hermes, Loki, Thor, etc. Or you can wait and see what his personality is like, maybe that'll make something jump out for you.
I decided my hedgies name is gonna be hercules if boy and persephone if girl! I love mythological names............ and i dont know why.... these ones are gonna stick to

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did get the heating sorted out. The breeder said that her hedgehog room was also in the 60's (no lower then 65) and they didn't try to hibernate. So the fact that he has been in a 65+ (but then less 70) is good.

I am surprised that no one had helped me with names because I have seen a few other posts with people helping a girl out with names. (totally not fair).

I apologize for reposting. I wasn't sure if i did post a post about names.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
You called people on another forum "mean and obnoxious" because you were warned about and put on moderation for this exact same thing. We've already had that discussion on here, so why do you continue to make multiple threads on the same topic? If you can't remember whether you started other threads do a search of all your posts.

Yes, people have replied replied to your multiple naming threads.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5082&p=41568#p41568
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5165&p=42128#p42128
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5214&p=42467#p42467
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5257&p=42771#p42771

You have asked about heating on here, CnH, HH World and Welfare and have been given basically the same information from all three places. This includes reputable long time breeders, rescues and owners. Instead, you choose to listen to one questionable breeder.

If you do a bit of research on here you will find many posts from people whose 'breeder's' told them that hedgies didn't require any heating yet their new baby was cool and attempting hibernation. I can't even begin to remember all the frantic emails I have received over the years from people who bought a baby that "didn't require heating" but hedgie was hibernating on them. Of course, there are breeders who will tell you they don't require any extra heat because they want to sell you a baby and will tell you what you want to hear. Also, just because he seems okay in lower temps now, doesn't mean he will be once he is stressed from being in a new home.

Just because one person will give you the answer you want to hear, doesn't mean it's the right answer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm sorry, but Nancy's right... You make a lot if threads questioning the same thing... Really, trust what she says. I don't know her personally, but she has had a lot of experience with hedgehogs and her advice should not be taken lightly. I don't mean to put you down, I'm just saying that you should take the advice on this site when it's first given to you. I can tell by your posts that you want only the best for your new hedgehog, so don't make a mistake when you know in the back of your mind that you're making one. Please don't play the whole trial and error game with your hedgehog.

About names, I chose mine from one of my favorite TV shows, Malcom in the Middle. Try actors or just names that you think are cute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts