Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I volunteer at my local humane society in holding with the kittens and have completely fallen in love with a beautiful blue-eyed lynx point siamese x with silver stripes. Unfortunately I can't officially adopt her until she moves from holding to adoptions so I've been calling them constantly to make sure someone else doesn't adopt her first! To pass the time anxiously waiting, I'm trying to come up with a name... any suggestions???

·
Registered
240 Posts
Oh wowwww! She is adorable! Very pretty!

That front view of her face makes her look a bit like Ishii, our silver marble bengal, when she was younger. :) (I wonder if she has any bengal in her background!)

(Ishii)

I can't really think of any good names right off hand... Arcadia, Elsi, Stella, Katze, Marshmallow? lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
all cat's should be named stevens so you can say "this is my cat, stevens."

however since this is a lady kitty i vote ramona. or clementine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
hmmm, I was thinking marble just 'CAUSE HER EYES ARE LIKE TWO BIG SHINY MARBLES.
Hope, I don't know humane society, hope nevermind
she is adorable though! Look it those sky blue eyes! :D

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
OH! She is SSOOOOO cute!!! :mrgreen:
um... what about Cleopatra, Bambi, Jinx/Jinxy/Jinxie, Nala, Sasha, Daisy, or Suki?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I also immediately thought of Cleopatra as a name and Cleo (Or maybe Chloe) for short. She is absolutely gorgeous! How old is she?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the suggetions! I will definitely take them into consideration! :)

She is about 13 weeks old right now. And she does look like she has some bengal (Ishii is VERY cute!!!)

She was surrendered by an owner so she has a current name, which is Truffles. It's cute but I feel like it doesn't suit her.

Here are my current name ideas: Echo, Frost, Lux(means light in latin), Mercury, and Nyala - pronounced Ni-all-a (it's an african animal with silver stripes)

Any thoughts or further name ideas? :D

*fingers crossed I get her*

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ana, the collar on your kitty is to die for!! Stunning, very stunning.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She's MINE :D

Here's another pic (that's one of the shelter staff, not me, holding her)

My current name for her is Blaise

St. Blaise was the patron saint of injured animals / animal doctors. Since I am going to school to be a vet it seemed perfect :)

....any thoughts or better name suggestions? I don't pick her up until wednesday evening so I still have lots of time to think of a name!

·
Registered
259 Posts
What a beautiful kitty!!! :D
I love the name Blaise actually and i think it's perfect considering the field you are going into! My brother-in-law's in-law's sister's married name (does that even make sense?? lol) is Blase (without the "i") and I think it's such a cool name!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone. I've spent more time with her and Blaise just doesn't suit her. :cry:

Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Well, let's see, how does she act: hyper and wild, sweet and cuddly, mild in temper, etc.? I think that if we get personality traits of her, we'll have a better understanding of potential names! :mrgreen:
~t-dh

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She definitely has 2 sides. When my mom went to see her she was literally "jumping up the walls" and she was getting a good 4 feet in the air! When I went to visit her tonight, she was an absolute cuddle bug, purring in my arms....and then attacked my jacket lol. So she's super fesity during her active times and super sweet during her resting times.

I will check out the personality website for sure :D

Another name I was thinking was Halley (the Hay-lee pronounciation version) like Halley's comet since the marking on her cheek looks like the tail of a comet (her eye being the ball part). Luna is also one of my favourites at the moment because she is silvery like the moon and because she's a lunatic when she's playing :lol:

Also Marble because she looks like a twin of "Snow Marble Bengal" cats....here is a picture I found on the internet (you can compare it with the pics of my cat I previously posted):

It's crazy they have the same leg markings, tail colour, eye colour and even the little "comet" marking on the face... I'm starting to wonder if I ended up with a Bengal somehow lol :lol:

·
Registered
240 Posts
LarryT said:
She's stunning :p
I like the name Xena.

P.S. Ana your kitty is stunning too :p
Oh thanks, lol... I just thought they looked kind of similar. :)

SnufflePuff said:
She is about 13 weeks old right now. And she does look like she has some bengal (Ishii is VERY cute!!!)

She was surrendered by an owner so she has a current name, which is Truffles. It's cute but I feel like it doesn't suit her.

Here are my current name ideas: Echo, Frost, Lux(means light in latin), Mercury, and Nyala - pronounced Ni-all-a (it's an african animal with silver stripes)
Thank you as well! Truffles is kinda cute, but yeah, idk... I like Echo! :)

krbshappy71 said:
Ana, the collar on your kitty is to die for!! Stunning, very stunning.
Thanks. It's not actually a collar... Would be cool if it was! It's wayyyyy too heavy though (and probably wouldn't fit her anymore anyway). I only left it on her for long enough to take a couple of pics. (She didn't like it much either.) It's actually just a cz bracelet. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts