Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I am a new hedgie owner as I got Harley 2 weeks ago. He is about 2 months old! I love him already!!! But anyways, he is quite the explorer and everytime i try to clip his nails i cant manage to because he is never still! or he is running away somewhere to explore. Im not sure if I should try to calm him down first or hold him differently so a leg will poke out and be still long enough for me to clip his nails. They are looking like they could use a nice trim!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the same problem. Sonic is pretty squirmy when it comes to nail trimming. There are tons of different techniques you can try. Here is a thread about it http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/11-health/20966-trimming-nails.html I just hold mine in one hand and wait until he stays still and quickly try to get some clipped. Or I also use the back to belly method. Scruffing is an option but I'd use that if nothing else works first. Good luck!

·
Registered
375 Posts
If I don't catch my girl just waking up, I can't get her to settle down either. And by "just waking up," I mean that *I* have to wake her up and get her out of her cage before she completely unballs, and then she'll be kind of groggy for a few minutes. If she wakes up on her own, or if I wake her up and don't cut her nails immediately, there's no hope. And even at that, I only do one foot at a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts