Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so since Jumbi is gone I have had more time to spend with Numo.
I took him with me shopping today and even after him being poked and squeeled at he was the most social Numo I have ever seen!! We are really bonded now. Anyways..
So I cleaned the cages today and I decided to give numo a really nice place. He now has TWO wheels, three dishes, (one for food, treats, and water.) a water bottle and he is on Liners. I hope that he doesnt dig underneath them like he did the last time I tried. I put lots of toys all around his cage and put carefressh in his igloo with scraps of fabric. (Hoping that all this stuff with keep his mind off of digging under the liner..) Anyways I snapped some pics sorry for the messy room.

hehe.

·
Registered
123 Posts
numothehedgehog said:
Yah I know the other wheel is crap.
So is the comfort wheel.
We all want variety dont we?
So you rather risk serious injury so she can have cute and different things in her cage?

Oh yea and the comfort wheel isnt "crap" Its middle of the line. There are better. But there are worse wheels. Like that pink one. At least witht he comfort wheel your hedgehog wont break a leg. :roll:

ETA: I see you like pink.. Is that why you like the wheel? There are bucket wheels that can be made with pink buckets..

·
Registered
150 Posts
if his leg gets caught then he can seriously injure it and will most likely need it amputated - if it isn't severed immediately.

he already has a pretty safe wheel in there, why does he need another one in there that is dangerous?

other than that i like the cage :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
numothehedgehog said:
Umm no I actually hate pink.

And this im not riskinghis life. :)
In the picture there are HOT PINK walls and everything else in the room is pink. So I assumed.. Im sorry.

Never said you were risking his life. Reread what I said.. I said "serious injury" to his leg. :roll:
IMHO its very selfish to risk any kind of injury because you are too stubborn to take out a wheel that he doesnt need. He already has a wheel. To avoid SERIOUS INJURY(I put that big sinc eyou missed it last time) you need to take the wheel out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol: Wow.

Okay well last night he used that one most of the night but I took it out and now he wont use the other one hes just screwing up his cage!
Help?
:evil:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hedgehogs sleep in the day.. If he used it last night and you took it out today he would be sleeping throught this time.. Of course he wouldnt use the wheel.

Let him get used to the wheel.. Its like anything else. He will get on it and use it soon enough.

Just DONT give in and put that pink wheel back in.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No actually I took it out last night.
I was up most of the night watching him with a night vision cam corder.
He went on it and looked around than screwed up most of his cage. :?
Does anyone know where I can order bucket wheels from?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Nice cage but as others have said, that pink wheel is a broken leg waiting to happen. Also the cage is not safe without the back wall and top on it. He could try squeezing between the wall and the wire sides and get stuck. Also, he could easily climb the front and escape. I notice the rest of the cage is on the floor so perhaps you just had if off to take the picture.

I have a couple of those cages, at least they look like that cage, and I zip tie the two halves together as it sometimes will fall apart when moving it. :)

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
sebian said:
Nancy said:
I zip tie the two halves together as it sometimes will fall apart when moving it. :)
You are the queen of zip ties Nancy! :D
:lol: Sad to say, it's true. :lol: I use them for everything.

·
Registered
126 Posts
you might like a flying saucer wheel. it's supposed to be good quality and easy to clean. but i don't have one. i am planning to get one when i get a hedgie though. it doesn't look that cheap.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts