Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so this is a pointless story but it made me laugh so so much!

As a few might know from my endless messages, LittleMai is more than just a little antisocial at times! This means often, when I am in the room I will leave the top off of her cage because the sound of me taking it off to get her out is enough to wind her up completely and the walls are high enough she cannot climb out anyway, so I leave it off to minimise the stress for her of being got out. Last night, I went to bed and forgot to put the top back on.

My boyfriend woke up with a start and said something about rats in the bed so I jumped up and turned on the light. LittleMai was just lying there on his pillow just having a good sniff of his hair, totally relaxed as though it was us some how in her bed! She had actually stacked her egg box on top of her igloo and used it as a sort of step ladder out!! I am obviously glad she didn't her herself on the fall and I still have absolutely no idea how she got up onto the bed. Impressive stuff. The lid will now firmly remain on!!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Wow! That's such a cute escape story! She seems very curious and creative. :D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
:lol: I'm glad this escape story had a happy ending! Leaving the cage top open is a big OPPS!!!

I actually left my mouse cage door open overnight once. Found it in the morning and basically had a heart attack. Of course when I poked around the bedding my little Bianca was fast asleep in her usual spot. She gave me this half asleep curious look like she was confused about why I was bothering her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts