Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I picked this up at Canadian Tire today.
[attachment=1:34zsbhqk]lunapic_126931363377111_1.jpg[/attachment:34zsbhqk]
[attachment=0:34zsbhqk]lunapic_126931363377111_3.jpg[/attachment:34zsbhqk]
I've been eyeing it for a long time but it was so expensive! Luckily I have a habit of reading the flyers because this week it was finally on sale - for 70% off! It went from $99.99 to $28.97. For those of you who are in Canada and near a Canadian Tire, I'm pretty sure it's on sale until May 25.

What it does:

• Point, click and read the temperature
    Built in laser pointer
    Switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius readings
    Instant accurate response
    For automotive, commercial and home use
    Easy to use
    Compact an lightweight
    Ergonomic design

Now I can check the temperature in every corner of my hedgie cages. I currently have a digital thermometer but it only checks the temperature where it's mounted. Also, I know that my CHE turns off when the "low" setting on my Repti-Temp 500 is reached (which is around 74-75 degrees) but I want to make sure it's warm enough around their beds etc. So far the temperature seems to read as accurately as the digital thermometer I currently use.

Also, it's really fun! I've been pointing it at everything - freezer, fridge, windows, skylight, tile floor, carpet. Basically if it's in my house now I know it's temperature :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My Dad gave me the same thing for my birthday. :D It's so much fun to check the temperature of everything. My BF discovered that my knee is a fee degrees warmer than the rest of my leg lol.

·
Registered
902 Posts
:lol: you guys are great, I want one so I can join the fun! Wonder how warm the dog's nose is? What about the other dog? What about the little dogs?

ohhh the fun is endless!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone does purchase a Digital Temperature Reader with a built in laser pointer, or anyone has/uses a laser pointer I wanted to point out the following safety concern:

Never, ever point the laser near your hedgehog's (or any other pet's or human's) eyes because it can very easily cause flash blindness that can last for minutes, partial vision loss that can last for months or permanent damage to the retina.

Humans are smart enough not to stare into the laser beam, but I know from playing with a laser pointer toy with my cat that if my dog gets involved she will stare at the laser trying to figure out where it comes from.

Not all digital temperature readers (also known as a temperature gun) have a built in laser, so this would not apply in all situations but I thought I should put it out there anyway :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
That's a good safety tip. I'm so paranoid with lasers already because I don't want to go blind or be the cause of any one else going blind from retina damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts