Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI heggie lovers,

I would appreciate if anyone could give me advice on the following .

My heggie is 10 moths old, and we keep him out of cage at all times, providing him with with required temperature.

He is very healthy and fit and running all night long and he has never had any problems with eating cat dry food until recently. We usually give him table soon of either of salmon, chicken, beef, or egg when he wakes up. The we give him few dried insects - teaspoon. We feed him table spoon of cat kibbles for night. He is very happy. Always eating everything. He stopped eating kibbles recently but continues reading the other food. Should we take him to vet if he stopped eating kibbles? We are worried that he does not enough vitamin and minerals intake since he stopped eating kibbles. Thanks a lot for for any advice. Its also quite hot these days, is this maybe affective his eating habits?
Thanks a lot. Kris

·
Registered
47 Posts
HI heggie lovers,

I would appreciate if anyone could give me advice on the following .

My heggie is 10 moths old, and we keep him out of cage at all times, providing him with with required temperature.

He is very healthy and fit and running all night long and he has never had any problems with eating cat dry food until recently. We usually give him table soon of either of salmon, chicken, beef, or egg when he wakes up. The we give him few dried insects - teaspoon. We feed him table spoon of cat kibbles for night. He is very happy. Always eating everything. He stopped eating kibbles recently but continues reading the other food. Should we take him to vet if he stopped eating kibbles? We are worried that he does not enough vitamin and minerals intake since he stopped eating kibbles. Thanks a lot for for any advice. Its also quite hot these days, is this maybe affective his eating habits?
Thanks a lot. Kris
Maybe try moisturizer in the kibble a few drops of coconut oil should do the trick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi! When my hedgehog stopped eating her kibble, I checked and her food was expired! Please check the bag, or possibly if you have not noticed anything else wrong, try changing the brand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi! When my hedgehog stopped eating her kibble, I checked and her food was expired! Please check the bag, or possibly if you have not noticed anything else wrong, try changing the brand.
Did it work?
not really, I think our heggie stopped eating them completely, but he loves the cooked meals and he Is eating well, but just not kibbles. Should we take him to the vet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you we have many types of kibbles and you were right, it was expired :( but just two packs. We bought different type today, so lets see if he will like them or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
not really, I think our heggie stopped eating them completely, but he loves the cooked meals and he Is eating well, but just not kibbles. Should we take him to the vet?
What meals are you cooking for the hedgehog? It is important that they get a valid source of food.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If he is eating well and not having any other signs of sickness. I would try something different. It could be just texture hedgehogs can be extremely picky. Have you tried Instinct Raw Cage-Free Chicken bites ? My hedgehog was really picky but this raw food is like his favorite thing in the world aside from mealworms. Lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot , I will try Raw Cage-Free Chicken bites, overall he is eating well, but I have to say he is very picky. Thanks, I will let you know if this worked. There are no sings of sickness, he looks happy :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks a lot , I will try Raw Cage-Free Chicken bites, overall he is eating well, but I have to say he is very picky. Thanks, I will let you know if this worked. There are no sings of sickness, he looks happy :)
Great, let me know if he likes them:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts