Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a hedgie and I gave him a plastic ball cat toy and a tp tube to play with. He hasnt shown any interest in either of them! He is very active at night, I can hear him running forever on end in the middle of the night. and during the day and night when I take him out of his cage he likes to run off to explore the great big room. When I place his toys near him he just kind of gives them a sniff and then runs off. is this normal? I've tried to find some info online and just havent been able to find any. I can't help but wonder if maybe the breeder that I got him from didnt give him any toys to play with and he just doesnt know what they are for. Do you have any suggestions for other toys I could try? or ways to encourage/teach him what they are for?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think he would just rather explore...the toys are more of an in the cage kind of plaything. When he is out and about there is so much more of interest to see. My Spike does the same thing, no worries. He could be playing with the toys while you are sleeping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My hedgie is usually not interested in the many toys i put in his cage but I found he does like his dump truck. I put treats in the back and its really fun to watch him tip the back of the truck and eat the treats!

I've given him all kinds of balls and he just kind of walks around them. He prefers to run around sniffing things or run on his wheel. I think your hedgie seems pretty normal to me!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yey! Damien has FINALLY taken an interest in toys! He has had a toilet paper tube in his cage since I have had him and just now started playing with it. He is toddling all around his cage with it on his face. its so cute. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts