Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post, I just got back from vacation that lasted a full month, I had to leave my hedgehog at home with my mother. She hadn't taken him out every single day like I do (Maybe every 2-4 days), but now that I am home, I noticed his eye is bigger, red around it, and the eye is a bit cloudy. I am not sure what he has and I am greatly nervous. I looked on hedgehog world and I found under "Why is my hedgehog's eye cloudy or bulging?-" some useful information about what it could be. I want to identify it exactly and if I need to go to the vet or not.

Here is the link to what I read. (Under "Why is my hedgehog's eye cloudy or bulging?-")
http://www.hedgehogworld.com/content.php?141-Wounds-Injuries-and-Accidents

Im not sure if he hit himself, (There aren't much sharp edges in his cage) or maybe he scratched himself in the eye since I haven't cut is nails in a while. Maybe somebody could identify what exactly it is by a photo I took? This is the main reason why Im making this post. I have information about what it could be but I'd like someone to identify what it is exactly.

Here are some images - Sorry they aren't the highest of quality, He wouldn't stay too still.

If anyone knows what he has that would make me happy because then I can see what I have to do, I don't want to go to the vet but if I have to I will, but if it will heal then I can leave it, (I hope I can at least)

Thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts