Hedgehog Central banner

My cage setup and questions

5K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Aleshea 
That is not a cage, it is an aquarium. It is intended to hold fish, not mammals. There is very very poor ventilation. Also, hedgehogs do not need the edible wood hut, this wood can actually harbor mites. Your wheel is way too small, it need to be 12" minimum. Hamster balls are not recommended due to the poor ventilation and the fact that the slits can rip out nails. The igloo also apears to be to small. I know not all of this is your fault, it is the faulty information given by the people at the pet store. This is why it is recommended that you find a reputable breeder to purchase your hedgehog from. Then not only do you know that you are getting a properly bred animal (not inbred or overbred, properly cared for, and quality breeding to have as few genetic defects as possible) you also get proper information as to the care and handling of your little. I hate to put it this way, but with all of the misinformation they have given you, to properly house your hedgehog you are going to have to start back at square one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.