Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can't get over how stinkin' small Inky is. After all I do to get his weight up... he's happily sitting at 258 grams right now. This picture I took today. He's two years old and still looks like a baby. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Awww, Inky is adorable.

I've had numerous small boys. Bandit, Freckles and Teasel all averaged 270g. Gizmo was the smallest at 240g. When he arrived here after being found in the woods, I initially wondered if he was a baby, but he never quilled and never grew any bigger.

·
Registered
93 Posts
One of the boys who are born at home , is 206 gr at 11 months ,, and at this moment i have 5 littles baby at home their weight is between 19 an 25 gr at 14 days ,,,,,

they will probably be realy smal like my first male ,,cause the other litter are double in weight at the same age ,,

·
Registered
254 Posts
He is soo cute!

Henry's weight doesn't move from 285g - i can now tell him is not the only diddy hedgehog out there! I've put it down to him taking after his owner - im only 4'10"!

·
Registered
106 Posts
good to hear others experiences - my 14 month boy is coming in at 240g - I cant get his weight up at all - he did weigh 280g 5 months ago but about that time I read that hogs shouldnt be free fed mealies because they were too fatty so I cut him down and ever since then he's lost the weight - he is back being free fed mealies now on the advice of my vet but he still isnt putting the weight on (but maintaining it) He is just so active by night even me sitting up for ages holding him (he likes a cuddle) and trying to reduce his wheel time hasnt helped as as soon as I put him down and he hasnt a wheel he just runs mental circuits anyway so I gave him his wheel back and he just wheels maddly for ages!!! I'm wondering to take my boy for a scan to rule anything out at the moment or whether to persevere with upping the live food and slightly highe fat biscuits for a bit longer

·
Registered
273 Posts
AWWW!!!!! miniature hedgies!! :eek: i want 1!!!!!! lol :D Inky is soooo cute and wittle!!

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, Deneen (hedgiepets) stopped by today after picking up a rescue baby, and she is quite possibly the tiniest baby I have ever seen! According to the person who D got her from, she's 8 weeks. She only weighs 64 grams. She was cold and lethargic, but super cute. Hopefully she'll gain weight and be a cute healthy girl. I think she'll stay a mini though. :lol:

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the name Dot. :) My last hamster was named Dot (there was another named Dip) but she wasn't very small, she was acutally a little chunky. :lol:

·
Registered
754 Posts
I just syringe fed Dot 4 mil of formula with rice. To me she looks to be only 3-4 weeks old, but Bryan thinks 7-8 weeks. Looks like I will be feeding every 4 hrs, until she is bigger.

·
Registered
508 Posts
GAHH!!! that baby is adorable!
i love both names! but she kinda looks like a dot :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
OMG!!!!!!!! Dot is so teeny<3 she is very lucky to have been saved by you and is now in some of the best care possible!!! :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts