Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, first I want to tell you that I have 2 hedgehogs, one is albino and the other is salt and pepper (dark color), the albino came from the pet store with mites, I took him to the vet and they sent him a treatment (ivermectin at 1 %) and I didn't see much improvement, then I took him to another vet and he sent him treatment with 6% selamectin and I couldn't see any improvement, then I went to a third vet, who scraped his skin and told me I had fungus, mites and dermatitis, for which he sent me several treatments, including baths, spray and oral medicine, I've been in treatment for 3 months and I don't see any improvement, I'm desperate I don't know what to do. I would like to know if my hedgehog is already healthy and is it that albinos always lose their quills? because my other hedgehog (the normal colored one doesn't have that) help.
PD I clean daily his cage

·
Registered
I have one female hedgehog named Remi
67 Posts
Hedgehogs tend to lose only a few quills a day if any. Also if they are in their first year of life they could be quilling. If they have already gone through the quilling process and are loosing too many quills then it would still be a concern! I hope you figure out what’s going on and that they get better!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts