Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into getting a bigger home for my hedgehog. I saw some multi-story cages with ramps but I was worried that it would be a safety problem. I noticed that Twig, my hedgehog, isn't too good on his feet, and so might fall off of the ramp.

Has anyone else had a problem or concern about this?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
There are lots of threads on multi level cages. Ramps and levels must be fully enclosed to prevent falls. Ramps must be solid surface and shallow angle. These modifications can be difficult in some cages and even worse to try and clean.

Not all hedgehogs will use a second level so if you have to go to any expense or work, it really isn't worth if in case the hedgehog won't use it.

I have found that more boys will like ramps than girls but it may not be sex related rather size as the boys have all been small and the girl much larger. Those that do have ramps and use them, LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I've had more that wouldn't use a ramp that would. I think there's been about 10 that have used ramps here. Currently the only one here that has a ramp is Gladys and she loves it. Pixie and Marley who I tried before her wouldn't touch it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Not too good on his feet? Does he stumble? Wobble?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts