Hedgehog Central banner

Moving to the states..

1000 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  nikki
So i am moving to the seattle in the fall... But i have a few questions about my hedgehogs coming along with me..
Will customs let animals go across border?
How much does it cost to take them across?
Do they have to be "registered"
What is the protocol for bringing small pets across border?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
You would need to contact customs of the state you are going into. Apparently, regulations can be different depending on the province and state involved.
Okay, Well Im going from british columbia canada to seattle washington...
I know you need to get permits to take them from Canada to the US, but I'm not sure what permits. Like Nancy said, call customs in Washington and ask them, and you may want to check with Fish and Wildlife there too, I "think" they issue the permits.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.