Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hedgehog has 1 baby and he is 2 weeks and 5 days old. I have held him 4 times before and she has been fine but tonight I got him out for about 60 seconds (normal amount
Of time I hold him for) and I went to check on her 30 minutes later and she was carrying him around the nest box in circles, she would then put him at the back and leave him for 30 secs the fetch him again and carry him round. She has done this for 2 hours now and he is starting to squeak I have given her other nesting options but she hasn't touched them and the baby is starting to squeak. She is being a great mother and hasn't rejected him but I hate seeing her stressed and I don't want the baby to get hurt x

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Mom is stressed. It may be from you handling baby or possibly something else has upset her. Leave lights on and leave the room and let her calm down. Hopefully she will settle down, but don't put anything else in her cage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.