Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the canadian breeder's advice but I would compare with your

How many weight a female in minimum for breeding?
(Oh my don't look my poor english :? :roll: :lol: )

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Because hedgehog's weights differ so much, I would say breeders go by what is a healthy weight for the individual instead of a set one for all hedgehogs.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm not a breeder and I've never bred Hedgehogs. (although I have been doing a lot of research for it)

But I don't think there's a minimum weight for the female's because they can be all different sizes.

I believe it just depends on weather the Female is healthy and is at a healthy weight for that particular female.

Anyone please correct if any of this is wrong.
Again I'm NOT a breeder and have never bred Hedgehogs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I ask this because here I have a little female Eiko she weight 223g and canadians breeder recommanded don't breed her because she so tiny (They are recommanded do not breed her if she don't get 275g) . But I ask a question if they a wrong or not. :?:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I don't breed her anyway I just ask the question to compare canadian's breeder opinon vs other breddes. This lineage is very small her mother is bred to 256g (isn't mine hedgie) and the father 315g. Shiva (Eiko's sister) weights 308g (lose some gr to intial weight after her parturition before she weigths 322g)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts