Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave Lydia some carrots and she anointed and it's all over her head and back but we're not on the friendly level yet so I'm not sure what to do! I've tried to give her a bath but she curls up in a ball and I'm not sure how to go about it!

Any tips for me? I don't want her to be all orange hahah!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Aww, an orange hedgehog! That would be funny to see!

Honestly, the orange isn't going to last forever and will most likely rub off in a few days. But, if you really want it off, I would be consistent about trying to give her a bath. I've heard most hedgies will un-ball in warm water, so maybe try submerging her (not all the way, but enough that she can feel the water on her skin). Just be careful she doesn't inhale any water. Bath time can be a good way to bond with your hedgie, too. My girl hates baths and she's always trying to climb all over me and back into my hands whenever she's in the sink.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh! If the orange will rub off than no worries! I just didn't want there to be like actual carrot stuck in her quills and then get all gross or something!
Hmm I'm just a bit hesitant to give her a bath because she has yet to unroll in my hands and I wouldn't want to put her in a situation in water!
Nervous hedgie mom hahaha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts