Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im a new owner of a 5 month old called Henry (aka Mr Grump at the moment! :D ). I live in the UK and just wanted to send a huge thank you for this website and everyone on it because without it, Henry would not of been an option due to lack of information over here.

So far Henry has not really paid much attention to anything except any corner or place that he can hide in! He's not much of a fan of me at the moment either which im hoping will get better over time, but he's not too aggressive either.

If anyone has any tips or ideas for things he might enjoy i would be grateful. He has a ball, wheel , teddy and tube and other than sleeping on the wheel and maybe a little running at night he is just not interested.

Also i know this is probably me being extremely stupid but how do you upload the profile pic? I couldn't get my image any smaller in size? And any tips on how to get such great photos that i've seen would also be gratefully received. :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
If i were you , i would out something that smells like you in the cage. A sock or shirt , something you don't mind getting the occasional poops on ! That will help with him getting used to your smell. And after a few days, insist on picking him up at least once a day so he can get used to you. It took Sage more than a month to like me , and now we are good friends!

Also, that was not a stupid question , I don't know how to either, i had my boy friend do it!! hehe so , i dont know ! sorry :(

Good luck with mr. grumps!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advise, my smelly t-shirt is now in with him and slow progress is beginning!

Also tried that pic link, the image is STILL not smaller enough?! Ill continue to try though, if everyone else can do it im sure i can! x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts