Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I've got him at work and didn't take pictures when he was awake!

This is Ender. I've had him since 5/2/09 and he was born on 3/18/09. All my pics are on my home computer so you have to visit my webshots album.

http://pets.webshots.com/album/57168358 ... ts&start=0

I brought him to work today to show the folks who really wanted to see him. I figured it would be quieter, with some people out for a long weekend. Of course, the construction crews behind us decided to compact dirt today. Ender's done better than the rest of us though.

He had a nice show and tell/play time with my coworkers. He didn't poop on anyone and is now sleeping through the racket outside. I may have to wake him up to show my boss before I leave, she missed him earlier.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Aww, I love the 10th picture! He's adorable.

Again, love the name. :lol: (I read almost all of the books a while back, Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead and Ender's Shadow have to be the best)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are those also pictures of his cage? If so I am concerned about the ramp. I am a new hedgie owner but The ramp and second level look a little dangerous as he could fall off the sides.
He is a cutie though! sooooo dark!

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
He is an adorable little guy!

Thelostsock is right though, the ramp and second level need to be enclosed to be safe. Hedgehogs have bad eyesight and will easily tumble off the edge of a second level (or couches or chairs, etc.). They can be severely injured by falls of only a few inches.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys!

He's been fine with the shelf/ramp, but it's going away this weekend anyway. I'm tired of the aspen shavings all over the house, so I want to try making fleece liners for the cage (I made the hedgie bags). I'm going to see if he'll use his "litter box" if I put the normal stuff he uses (not aspen shavings) in that. There won't be room for the shelf and the huge purple "litter box".

I think I wore him out today.

Jodi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts