Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Hatter, African Pygmy, May 2018-Dec 2021🦔 Jabber, African Pygmy, Feb 12 🦔
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Hannah and I’m unfortunately joining this forum a little late as I found my handsome boy, Hatter, had passed away suddenly on Dec 24th. He was only about 3 years old and as a first time hedgie owner, I am absolutely devastated. I’m making this post to share him with all the other wonderful hedgehog owners and hope that he can make you smile as much as he made me smile. 🥺

I hope to learn many tips and tricks in hopes that when I finally feel okay enough to get another hedgie friend that they will live a good life.

Hedgehog Erinaceidae Domesticated hedgehog Whiskers Grey
Carnivore Hedgehog Erinaceidae Whiskers Terrestrial animal
Hedgehog Erinaceidae Domesticated hedgehog Vertebrate Rodent

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about your friend 😥a photo album posted to the gallery would be a great way to share and remember your handsome boy as well. I'm sure he had a good life and appreciates you having been his friend 🦔

·
Registered
Hatter, African Pygmy, May 2018-Dec 2021🦔 Jabber, African Pygmy, Feb 12 🦔
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did he go into hibernation? If so, hibernation is fatal for pet hedgies (reason for asking about hibernation: December is a winter season). Sorry for loss.
He did not go into hibernation. His cage was always at a solid 75° cause that is what was comfortable for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts