Hedgehog Central banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Nothing inappropriate that I could see.

The person doing the complaining is a former member who was banned some time ago due to inappropriate posts and behaviour. Obviously the nitpicking about other peoples posts is supposed to be some sort of statement. :roll:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I definitely think this post is necessary. None of the hedgie books or web sites I looked at delved into this situation :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
cutietexan said:
haha nice call LG, how can you be in vet school under 18?
Just wanted to point out that you can be under 18 and have post-secondary education. My younger sister was 17 for the first semester of her first year of University (having a birthday in December). So it is entirely possible to be taking a vet tech program in college when you are 17 years of age, even if this is not the case here.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Just wanted to point out that you can be under 18 and have post-secondary education. My younger sister was 17 for the first semester of her first year of University (having a birthday in December). So it is entirely possible to be taking a vet tech program in college when you are 17 years of age, even if this is not the case here.
Oh yes, of course it's possible to be taking college classes under 18. I was taking AP classes my freshman year of high school.

It just didn't seem realistic by age, maturity level, and knowledge that this member was already in vet school.

·
Registered
119 Posts
LizardGirl said:
Oh yes, of course it's possible to be taking college classes under 18. I was taking AP classes my freshman year of high school.

It just didn't seem realistic by age, maturity level, and knowledge that this member was already in vet school.
Um, LG, I'm sorry, but for me not being a part of this forum for what, not even 3 months, you are already judging my knowledge what my 'maturity level' is like?
My knowledge towards exotics is quite frankley limited, so it's a given that my knowledge towards hedgehogs is quite oblivious.
I am extremely knowledgeable when it comes to dogs, cats, birds, and other common household pets. Your firsthand judgment on my knowledge(without knowing me) is false.
I also finished high-school early and I am enrolled in OSU. Yes, I am a college student, and will be 17 next June(I know, I'm super young).
I assume you are much older, which means that my level of knowledge is going to
be much lower than yours(maybe by some subjects) as everyone's is different.
Also, Just because I didn't realize that animals can 'masturbate', doesn't make me, well, dumb. I asked my instructor about that same subject and we had a class discussion on it. There are some things in the animal world that I don't focus on, like an animal masturbating.

And as someone else stated, no, I'm not in vet-school at the moment, as all of my classes basically consist of physics, statistics, as well as basic college science classes. I'm enrolled in OSU's pre-veterinary program, which basically prepares me for my beginning enrollment of OSU's Veterinary Teaching Hospital.

Oh, I am also currently taking evening classes at Meridian Technology's veterinary technician program which gives me extra college credit, so I can ultimately get into some of OSU's honor classes.

Sorry to give you all my education history, but it seems that you all are interested in it, even though it ultimatly isn't any of your business (I tried to put that as bluntly as possible, without making it sound, erm, biatchy). ;)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Um, LG, I'm sorry, but for me not being a part of this forum for what, not even 3 months, you are already judging my knowledge what my 'maturity level' is like?
My knowledge towards exotics is quite frankley limited, so it's a given that my knowledge towards hedgehogs is quite oblivious.
I am extremely knowledgeable when it comes to dogs, cats, birds, and other common household pets. Your firsthand judgment on my knowledge(without knowing me) is false.
I also finished high-school early and I am enrolled in OSU. Yes, I am a college student, and will be 17 next June(I know, I'm super young).
Also, Just because I didn't realize that animals can 'masturbate', doesn't make me, well, dumb. I asked my instructor about that same subject and we had a class discussion on it. There are some things in the animal world that I don't focus on, like an animal masturbating.

And as someone else stated, no, I'm not in vet-school at the moment, as all of my classes basically consist of physics, statistics, as well as basic college science classes. I'm enrolled in OSU's pre-veterinary program, which basically prepares me for my beginning enrollment of OSU's Veterinary Teaching Hospital.

Oh, I am also currently taking evening classes at Meridian Technology's veterinary technician program which gives me extra college credit, so I can ultimately get into some of OSU's honor classes.

Sorry to give you all my education history, but it seems that you all are interested in it, even though it ultimatly isn't any of your business (I tried to put that as bluntly as possible, without making it sound, erm, biatchy).
I'm sorry if you feel I have misjudged you. I said I didn't expect you were already in vet school, and that was true. I never said you weren't knowledgeable in other areas or unsuccessful in your education in any way. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
LizardGirl said:

Sorry to give you all my education history, but it seems that you all are interested in it, even though it ultimatly isn't any of your business (I tried to put that as bluntly as possible, without making it sound, erm, biatchy).
I'm sorry if you feel I have misjudged you. I said I didn't expect you were already in vet school, and that was true. I never said you weren't knowledgeable in other areas or unsuccessful in your education in any way. :)
Yeah, I'm just very defensive when it comes to that subject in my life. Sorry, I didn't mean to single you out, LG.
Most people hear how old I am when I'm in class and start talking to me like I'm a baby (they're kidding, of course) and it just drives me nuts!
There seems to be quite a few 16 years olds on here actually. It's very surprising. All the other forums I get on always bash the young ones and make them leave (non intentionally, but their actions make them leave), and it's really upsetting.
I think it's great that you all don't single them out! :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
cutietexan said:
well im only 13. thats probably got to be a close record for youngest on here :)
Awh, I remember when I was 13 (3 and a half years ago, lol)! I hope everyone is nice tou you :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
yeah well i am twelve so ha!,lol
anyway i have my own hedgehog which i was savin up for and i got her 2 of sept. ya , ya i am young so what i am very responsible and i did 1 year of research be4 actually getting my first hedgie so dont freak out. i am used to her quills. i dont get shocked when she quills me and then drop her , no way1 i have bled from her quills and i was fine.
any way lily IS a girl she has had hoglets be4 but yet some times i find her lickin down there :lol: can females masturbate aswell??? :| :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
147 Posts
same here. you have NO idea how much research it took before i could actually get theo a few months ago. and yeah, there are people on here that talk to me like im a baby. but i dunno, i guess you have to get used to it.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts