Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My male hedgehog Sonic (original right?) has started doing a weird behavior....
he like tucks under and if i look under him i can see his wiener poking out onto his chin...
I hope i don't get banned or something because of posting this question cuz it really is a legitimate question.
Here's a youtube video of someone who recorded their hedgehog doing the gesture:
I hope Sonic isn't sick or something....

·
Registered
412 Posts
I remember picking up Damian whilst he was in the middle of... well. I don't know who was more embarrassed! :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have 5 males and they all do it differently! Some hump the air, some go down and do it them selves I have one that HAS to be in his tissue box another in his litter box and another that uses his stuffed animal.

No worries your hedgie is completely normal..

-Sebian- I some how catch Aero everyday doing his business by picking him up! He changes how he does it so often I cant keep up. Now that he has had surgery and cant have a wheel or anything else that may cause him to pop his stitches, he is doing it more often than now. Boys will be boys :roll:

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Perfectly normal... Inky quite prefers the couch:

(Hopes I'm not banned for this either- I'll remove it if it's inappropriate :lol: )

·
Registered
336 Posts
:lol: at Inky being caught on camera. That picture is hilarious.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It seems like the ONLY time I've ever seen Pepper do it is while I'm holding him :? I'm hoping that he's just more relaxed when im holding him and that he doesnt get turned on by me :? now THAT would be creepy :lol:

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
LOL... I turn around for a second, and he's up and at 'em. Boys will be boys... :roll:

Of course he's just dancing! Couldn't you tell? ;)

·
Registered
912 Posts
fosteliss said:
Here's a youtube video of someone who recorded their hedgehog doing the gesture:
Good gosh; that looks huge! Is that normal size for a male hedgie?

·
Registered
80 Posts
:shock: LG that couch looks just like mine too...

For the sake of being on topic I've never caught Pokey doing such a thing although this isn't the first topic I've seen about it.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
LG that couch looks just like mine too...
LG: it appears that we may have the exact same couch....at least it's the same fabric.
LOL, I can guarantee that it is not yours. :lol: Inky has claimed it!

·
Registered
61 Posts
My hedgie Fabio does the same thing, when i first got him he rolled on his side to do his boy thing. I think all boy hedgies do it its just how boys are.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ha yeah. I was just laying there on my bed and had my hedgie columbus in his little bed next to me, and I look down to quite a surprise his erm. thing staring me right in the face. :? I was like whoaa budy please keep it under you k? Yeah for some reason my guy has taken to doing this while outside of his cage. hmf. :roll:

·
Registered
15 Posts
one of mine...does it EVERY time he is out of his house... :oops: on my lap...on my shirt.. the first time i saw it i was rather upset..i didnt realize how...ummm...big they were that they could lick them...sorry it that is to much for anyone...
and i think i have the same couch also!!! except mine definitely has been claimed by both hedgie and Liam.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts