Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all!

Right now Queeqs is in a comfy 2-bin setup, but for a variety of my own health issues, I've been looking to keep him in something easier for me to access/clean.

I found a Marchioro Luna Spa cage (here!) at a steal, and it's very spacious and looks great.

The only thing I'm bamboozled by, is I can't figure out how to hedgie-safe the second level (making a wall and a safe ramp).

Does anyone have some suggestions? Should I totally replace the secod level with C+C cubes and linoleum, or something of the like?

Thanks for your time!

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Personally I'm in favor of just not using the second shelf! A lot of hedgies don't like second levels anyway, and it can take a lot of time & modification to make them safe. To me, it doesn't seem worth it.

If you do want to give it a shot, though, I would try using coroplast for the walls. It's easy to cut, easy to poke holes into for securing, and you can use zipties to secure it to the walls and the floor of the shelf (possibly...hard to tell from that picture if that'd be an option). You can also easily include a hole in it to put a tunnel for going up/down in, or you could make a little (enclosed) ramp out of coroplast as well. Though if you do that, it'd probably be a good idea to try & figure out something to give him a little texture or something to grip as he goes down since coroplast can be slippery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.