Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make sure I'm ready for my new hedgie baby! I'm picking him up tomorrow and I'm VERY excited. Does anybody see anything wrong with my cage? I don't have the CHE set up yet, but I'm doing that first thing tmrrw. Then I'll be checking it through-out the day to make sure it stays around the correct temp. Any pointers and tips would be greatly appreciated! (I've been reading this forum for about a month now and feel ready to take on a hedgehog!)

And for good measure, Tiggy Wiggles! :D

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Looks great! I don't really like that water bottle/dish but lots of people use them with no problems :) . Also a Carolina Storm Wheel sure would look good sitting in that big ole C&C cage :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll see how the water bottle/dish works for the little guy and maybe buy him a different one.

I love those wheels! I'll look into getting one! I might have gone a little overboard with the size of his cage, but I figured what the heck! Might as well spoil him. Maybe he'll get a new wheel soon too! ;)

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
It looks good to me also. You should get a thermostat along with the CHE that way you don't have to be checking it every hour to turn it on and off to keep the temperature steady. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LizardGirl said:
It looks good to me also. You should get a thermostat along with the CHE that way you don't have to be checking it every hour to turn it on and off to keep the temperature steady. ;)
That was the plan! Thank you! :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
Looks good! You'll probably want 2 CHE with that big of a cage though, or maybe just one 250W would do it, I'm not sure. I find with longer cages, it's usually easier to have one on each side so the heat gets spread evenly. You might want a few more digital thermometers, spread out throughout the cage too, to give you a better idea if the heat is constant throughout...but other than that it looks good, congrats on getting your new hedgie! :D

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
mculler said:
LizardGirl said:
That was the plan! Thank you! :D
Love your new signature/picture :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hedgieonboard said:
I second what Larry says, the new signature picture is so cute :)
Thank you both! I am already completely in love with him. :lol:
He is pretty active and has been running ALL over his little hedgie 'mansion' checking things out. He has been running on his wheel like crazy too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts