Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! We got our Little Bear a couple weeks ago and 3 days ago we noticed he became very wobbly and weak and didn't appear to be eating. I quickly made an appointment for the next day however he escalated quickly to him not moving at all and short breathing. We brought him to an emergency vet and they gave him syringes of glucose and antibiotics and sent him home with 2 sets of antibiotics each day and a few syringes of glucose for if he gets weak. That was yesterday and as of right now he is again extremely weak and doesn't seem to be moving much. He had his glucose shot a couple hours ago and both sets of antibiotics today. The Vet said he could do syringes of sugar water if he needs more but didn't say how much I should give him per day and how much sugar to add to the water. I want to make sure he stays hydrated and healthy until we get the new food that has been ordered and try to get him to eat that (hoping he does...tried lots of foods and hasn't eatin anything). Any advice on this would be very appreciated. I just want to save my Little Bear.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts