Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

This has been happening for a while now. When I wake up my hedgie (10.5 months old) and he goes for his first poop/pee of the day he squeaks (sometimes quite loud). I looked and his pee looks clean yellow so I am assuming he might have a slight constipation. On the following poops he doesn't make any sounds. I'm not sure, but the first time he poops during the day it does look quite dry. Has anyone encountered this before ? He wont eat any vegetable/fruit I have tried until now. The only things he likes besides the cat food (which is really hard to find high in fiber) are tuna, meal worms and he used to like canned crickets, but not so much lately sadly. I've tried the Vitakraft wet food menu and he took a few bites as well. Does anyone have any advice on this ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried mixing in banana/boiled egg in his cat food but he wouldn't touch those bits. I can't really tell if its a relief/omg this hurts squeak. Sometimes is unusually loud like "omaigad" and sometimes is more like a relief chirp. I have no idea.

·
Registered
21 Posts
maybe you could try mixing in the new foods in very super tiny portions and if it gets eaten slowly add more? im sorry im not entirely sure what that would be besides just constipation. what brand of food do you use? does it have enough fiber?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I usually blend 2-3 types of quality cat food that are under 15% fat and over 30-32% protein. I doubt I can obtain better than 7-8% fibers without searching for a very specific cat food. Right now I bought and made a new mix which is about 6-6.5% fibers, which is probably much better than the previous one (around 4-5% fibers). I'll try some other fruits/vegetables maybe I'll get lucky with smth new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts