Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im afraid i've been posting a lot on here over the last few months regarding quill loss and dodgy poops. Unfortunately i seem to be making very little progress no matter what i try (including many vet visits). I've greatfully had a lot of help from people on here (Thank you :) )

So, now im wondering if it could be stress and if so what could i do? Ive just read Fiaspice's problem but not what to do if you don't know what could be causing the stress? Or how long can a hedgie be stressed over something, for example something a month ago?

Another reason i wonder if its stress is this all started after I tried to move him into a two tier homemade cage. He seemed to hate it so much that within a month he was in a new cage exactly the same as his old one but a bit bigger. Though hes got better he's never been the same as he was in his old cage.

Sorry again to the amount of posts i've done on this!

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
It could be possible. All the stress related quill loss I've experienced has been a very stressful event such as surgery and a couple of re-homes. All started close to a month after the stressful event and lasted between a month and two months.

Interestingly, I've had a couple of hedgehogs that would get green poop the night their cage was cleaned, bath night or other minor stressful events but over more severe stress such as a cage change, there would be nothing more severe than that one shot of green poop.

There is really nothing you can do about stress related quill loss. It will ease off and quit on it's own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts