Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm taking my hedgie Tris to the vet tomorrow for her first annual well visit - I adopted her last week. I suspect she may have skin that is a little dry, but nothing too bad.

In the past month, I've been looking for examples of healthy hedgie skin to make a visual comparison. I've found lots and lots of examples of mites and dry skin, often quite bad.... but not a single clearly labeled healthy skin photo!

Would anyone have any photos of healthy skin they could share with me? The more, the better - I'm just trying to get a feel for what she should look like, since this may just me being a bit over-concerned as a first time hedgie caretaker. I'd also find it helpful if you could mention what kind of bedding you use!

Thanks!
-Tsu

· Registered
1,071 Posts
He was being stubborn and wouldn't let me get a picture with his quills parted, but I have some ears for you.

The skin between his quills should look like this as well. No bumps or scales or dry, flaky bits. Just nice and smooth.

We use fleece bedding currently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.