Hedgehog Central banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats on your beautiful new quill baby!!

Some people are just horrible!! I think they should not be allowed to own animals . There are so many ways to properly give up pets.

But luckily you found snuffles at the best possible time for u both :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
lehaley said:
:evil: That is absolutely INFURIATING! I'm glad you found her before it was too late, but I truly don't believe the people who put her outside in the weather we've been having should get away with it. Maybe you should give your local police department or your nearest humane society a call and report them for animal abuse.
I did indeed report them to my local humane society! I really hope they do something about it...

Ela said:
Did it appear that there were more hedgehogs in the box? It means there's probably a mother hedgehog and maybe more babies that still live with those awful people. =( I am so glad you reported them.

By the way, she is adorable and so very lucky. <3 Now you have the perfect study buddy! She could quietly keep you entertained while you study and time will pass right by. :D
I couldn't tell if there were more in the box, I don't think she had been outside for that long otherwise she would probably be dead so I am thinking she may have been the only one? I hope that if there were others they all found good homes! I have a suspicion that she was put outside because she is albino :( I personally think she is the sweetest little hedgie I have ever met, I think I am an albino addict now!

Thanks again for all the support everyone, it means a lot!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oooo pore baby!!! Thouse ideats that did that to her should have to suffer the same fate!!! I am so glad you have her and she has a safe caring place now. Good luck with your little baby

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I thought I should post an update on little Snuffles! She seems to be doing very well, her poops are slightly diarrheaish but I am not too worried about this at the moment because of the stress she must be going through and the change of food. I have been giving her a little pumpkin each night to try and firm them up. She is the sweetest little thing, she has not balled up at me once and will sleep in my hand for hours! I have built her a proper cage, sewn her some fleece things and bought her a wheel so she should be happy now! Pictures of course...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Oh my goodness! What a story! How can people be that aweful?! Ugh...makes me...a very unpleasant, foul mouthed person, lol. I'm so glaf you took in lil Snuffles! She is SUPER adorable! The cage is certainly luxious compared to the box on the side of the road. :D You rock!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Awwww she is just the sweetest thing! And I have a few choice words and actions towards the people who abandoned her like that (most having to do with my boots up their @#$%) :evil: She looks very happy with you now :)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
She looks so sweet sleeping so safely in her new home! I love those big ears! She is an absolute angel. Her new house: beautiful!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks!! I found the frosted cubes in walmart! They had pink, black and white and it was $10 for the box, I was quite excited when I found them! Snuffles went wild last night, I think she enjoyed her new mansion :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
wow yours were $10? nice :D I used the same cubes for Quinnlee's cage, I love 'em. But they were $15 + free ship from walmart.com. Maybe I should have checked to see if they have them in the store first!!

Snuffles is adorable, such a sweet little face. I'm glad she has a good home with you now!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts