Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about making Herisson a little Santa hat for Christmas. I'm pretty sure that it will just fall off if I don't do something to help hold it on. I was thought that I might be able to attach a strap to it to go under his chin, but I wasn't sure. Is there a safe way to keep a little hat on a hedgehog? A strap? Elastic?

·
Administrator
3,637 Posts
I've seen loose elastic straps used to hold costumes on hedgehogs that were entered in contests at hedgehog shows. They seem to work long enough for the hedgehog to be judged... well most of the time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
After seeing these photo's I decided to make an Elf hat out of fleece for my hedgie! I looked at a photo of a human elf hat and then made my own pattern. I spent a long time making it and even put a tiny bell at the top. I knew I spent way too much time on it but had fun decorating it. I think if I practice putting hats on Ace often he will decide he likes them also. Next year I am going to make a top hat and he can be a snowman!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Both Santa and his elf are adorable. You both did a great job on the hats. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
what would happen if they puffed up and got scared with the clothes on.. I'm sure the hat would just fall off.. but the CLOTHING is just ADORABLE.. and i;m pretty good with a sewing machine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mika never puffes up!! She never lifts her quils up neigther!! She's very sociable hedgehog!! And Kalia too. Sometimes she will lift her quills but rarelly!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ace did not like the elf hat being put on but with food in his mouth he was fine. He kept it on after the food was gone, but I took it off to keep him safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts