Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this, 2nd day on the forum, and 3rd day owning my first hedgie. Last night I had her out running around sniffing my livingroom, and when I went to put her away I noticed that she had a little red mark on her back leg, she had been scratching the first day I brought her home I do not think she liked the litter I had in the cage, yesterday I changed it to a flanel and fleece blanket liner and she was fine, do you think the mark could be from her itching? I dont have a picture with me, I'm at work but I can post one later.

She is eating, and drinking and pooping. Very active and sweet.

I had called the vet about it when I saw it and he said it sounds like nothing to worry about unless when I touch it she gets angry, or if it looks really inflamed, which its not.

thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm not an expert on bumps and scratches or anything, but it really doesn't sounds like it's a problem. Sounds like just a little scratch. As long as it's not open or blistery I don't think there will be a problem. Just watch that she doesn't scratch it open or anything, and see what it does. If it starts getting bigger, gets inflamed, or opens up, see the vet. If it goes away, it was probably just a little scratch and nothing to worry about. But yeah, for now just keep an eye on that pretty little girl of yours. Hope it goes away soon. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts