Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to try and litter pan train my hedgie! Problem is I don't want to buy a litter pan until I know if he will use it or not. I was wondering if yall knew a way to make a diy one. Or a link? Thanks in advance:)
:D:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put a cloth down in the corner of my guys cage, as a makeshift letterbox. I then put a few of his poops onto the cloth so he would know where to go to the bathroom. It seems to be working, he go's to the bathroom on the cloth.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just went to the dollar store and bought small aluminum baking pans, they were $1-$2 for three of them and they rinse out well.
Just watch to see where he uses the bathroom the most and put the pan there. I took the time to make Nina her own little hut and lo and behold.. she used it as a littler box lol so I just added the pan in and she pretty much trained herself. Try using just a pan at first and then add in any bedding once he's used to it, I've had success that way.
Good luck!
P.S. If you're worried about buying the pans and them not being used you could always use them as a dig box or at play time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts