Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just wanted to make everyone aware of this. I'm a bit late and you might have heard of it already, but here is the article from the CDC about listeria connected to a farm in Colorado. If you have cantaloupe from an unknown source, please throw it out. This most recent listeria outbreak has only been associated with this particular farm.

I know a lot of hedgies love melon, so I wanted to make sure you guys knew.

http://www.cdc.gov/listeria/outbreaks/index.html

·
Registered
654 Posts
Its actually strange timing you brought this up, I just learned about it tonight and just about died! I love cantaloupe, and so does little Teddy. I hate how all the foods I love were recalled at some time (peanut butter, cantaloupe, jalapenos, etc.) ack! :(
Thank you for telling everyone!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's scarey sometimes, especially with processed foods. You can wash fruit and veggies and be safe for the most part.

But, if you know that your cantaloupe didn't come from this particular farm, then it's supposed to be okay. You might be able to call the store where you got it and ask them where they get their cantaloupe.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Rainy said:
I know it's scarey sometimes, especially with processed foods. You can wash fruit and veggies and be safe for the most part.

But, if you know that your cantaloupe didn't come from this particular farm, then it's supposed to be okay. You might be able to call the store where you got it and ask them where they get their cantaloupe.
it can be, I dont want to take any chances, im such a worry wort :lol: Well, im not sure i can trust my local store, they told me i could buy some salt at the hardware store :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts