Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use for liners? Bedsheets? I like this as it wiould make spot cleaning easier.

When I got Linny, the pet store had me buy Carefresh bedding, which is what I've been using.
Sifting thru the bedding for her waste is time consuming, messy, and not very effective.

But my apartment has no laundry facilities so washing liners weekily would be a huge pain.

Should I stick with the carefresh bedding?

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Liners are usually made of either fleece, denim, or corduroy. Mine are just single layers of fleece, I just bought a blanket at a store like Walmart and cut it to size. I got 12 liners for my smaller cage out of a twin size blanket. You can make fancier ones, with two or three layers if you sew.
I usually do a washing of liners every other week. Lily's a pretty clean hedgie, so I don't have to change them more than about every three days, usually.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lilysmommy said:
I usually do a washing of liners every other week. Lily's a pretty clean hedgie, so I don't have to change them more than about every three days, usually.
Lucky! Altho Linny's still a "baby," maybe she'll get cleaner. I called her "Lily" when I was talking to her today; must've been your influence. hee-hee.
I'll stick w/ the bedding for now and so how things go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I visit Walmart, Joannes Fabrics, etc and search through their bargain fleece. I cut to size and wash on high with vinegar in a Downy ball about once a month. (I change their liners much more frequently, but since I've got a ton of extra, I can hold off on laundry).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts