Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best lining for my Hedgie? Carefresh? Wood Shavings? Fleece? Fleece over a towel? Or something else?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm still new...but I had carefresh and my hedgie did not like it, and I read about fleece and flannel on here...so last night I made a little blanket and got her a small litter box...she lots the flannel.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I use a little carefresh and it works great with oder. I dont like wood shavings because of mites and liners only work if the hedgie is litterbox trained. but use what ever works best for you and your hedgie.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Fleece cage liners work best. Particularly those that are light in color. They can help you detect health problems with your hedgie earlier than other forms of bedding by allowing you to see what's going on more clearly; eg, blood.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used shavings for a little while before I switched to fleece liners, they created a huge mess everywhere and every now and then I still find a piece of shaving somewheres in my house. My sisters friend thought we lived in a barn :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.