Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
A liner is just bedding, made of some kind of cloth, that is laid down in the bottom of the cage. Many people use fleece to make their liners, but you can also make them out of denim, flannel, or other fabrics that may be absorbent, but don't shred or fray. Some people will make liners only one layer of fleece (this is what I do), some will sew liners and have them be two or three layers. It mostly comes down to personal preference. Nancy sews and sells liners that are very nice, I know several people on here have bought them from her and love them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where can i buy this kind of fabrics
i dont wanna make antrhing from scratch i just wanna buy a piece of the fabric and put it there

·
Registered
594 Posts
I use Fleece liners and I get the Fleece fabric at wal mart. It's usually between $2 and $5 a yard depending on color and design you want.

I normally buy the fleece on clearance for $2 yd. and cut it to fit my largest cage. that way I can use them for any of them. May not always be a color I really want but the way I see it is their just gonna poop on it anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Shelbys Mom said:
I use Fleece liners and I get the Fleece fabric at wal mart. It's usually between $2 and $5 a yard depending on color and design you want.

I normally buy the fleece on clearance for $2 yd. and cut it to fit my largest cage. that way I can use them for any of them. May not always be a color I really want but the way I see it is their just gonna poop on it anyway. :lol:
My local walmart stopped selling fabrics :(

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was told that mine did to but the still have it right now probably not much longer though.
I think all of them are going to stop selling fabrics. :(

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Shelbys Mom said:
I was told that mine did to but the still have it right now probably not much longer though.
I bought some fleece at the local fabric shop friday $9.99 a yard :eek:
Walmart was alot cheaper less than half that :?

·
Registered
594 Posts
LarryT said:
Shelbys Mom said:
I bought some fleece at the local fabric shop friday $9.99 a yard :eek:
Walmart was alot cheaper less than half that :?
Whoa! $9.99! :shock:

We have about 5 Wal-Mart's that are kind of close and only 1 of them ever has fleece on clearance for $2 a yard. It is also the farthest one away. But it's the one near the pet store I have to get their food from so it works out ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts