Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I will leave my lights on from when I get home (5-9am) and then turn them off about 12 hours later. But I was wondering if it would completely disturb the hedgie if I turned the lights on during their 'active' hours?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I usually have lights on (after my hedgie's lights go out at night) for a little while. I have separate lights for him though, so if it's the same light that yours has during the day, it may confuse him if it's on too long after the usual schedule. But in general, no, it shouldn't affect him, as long as it isn't on for hours and hours when he would normally be up.

Lots of hedgies won't come out when the lights are on, so take that in consideration when staying up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was asking because I tend to stay up late and wake up early. I have two lamps I have on in the bedroom for him. One of them has the lights aimed directly at him, and the other is on the other side of the room and can be on low light or high light. When I have it on for him during the day I put it on high, so maybe when I need it at night I'll just put it on low and turn his light off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts