Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
It depends on the hedgehog. Some aren't bothered by having the lights on, some may be more active in playing if they're dim or turned off. Try getting him/her out with the lights on, and if he/she seems to be trying to find a place to go back to sleep, trying turning some lights off until there's only one or none on. Just make sure if there's no lights on that you can see well enough to keep hedgie safe. If hedgie still doesn't want to play or explore, even with the lights off, you might just have a cuddler. My hedgehog Lily will do nothing but look for someplace to go back to sleep when I get her out, even if the lights are off. :lol:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Turbo doesnt like the light, well not bulb light he doesnt mind natural light, so when we get him out in the evening, we take out some of the bulbs in our light fitting so the room is dim but light enough for us to be able to see everything and he is content with that, and very boisterous :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I dim the lights. It seems to calm my hedgies. I even leave the lights off in the bathroom during bath time. I have a hall light near by and that gives enough light for bathing but is not as bright as the bathroom fixture. My bathroom fixture is very bright and it seemed more like a hospital operating room than a soothing place to bathe a hedgehog.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I am still new with hedgehogs but have noticed my albino prefers dim lighting and Riley is perfectly content to run around any normally lit room, gazes up at me when I hold him, etc. Whyte definitely hides from light. I'd say watch his behavior and see which he seems more relaxed in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts